Saturday, August 10, 2013

Welcome Back!

Me in Cambodia this summer.
I held and ate a tarantula.
What did you do this summer?
Only a few days until school starts and there is a lot to be excited about. It has been fun to already see some students at school—and especially great to have ML and UL students coming through and offering to help us get the library ready for next week. Here are some of the things I am excited about right now.
1. Upper Learning book club meetings will be on Thursday, Aug. 15. I can't wait to hear how those discussions go. I hope you all read and enjoyed your books.
2. Upper Learning excursion! I get to go backpacking with 14 great students on the Appalachian Trail.
3. We have two authors coming to Galloway very soon...and they are biggies. Gordon Korman and Lemony Snickett. Can't wait for these events!
4. There are lots of new teachers at Galloway this year and I can't wait to work with them.
Welcome back to Galloway!

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Kochel, I look forward to working with you too. I wonder if tarantula eating would catch on here in the US. How was it prepared?

    ReplyDelete